THE GREG & HEATHER HUNT FAMILY


"EACH DAY COMES ONLY ONCE IN A LIFETIME"


5/31/2009

EBAY LOVES GREG-PART 1 (THE DOLLS)

THIS IS A STORY OF A BOY WITH A DREAM. ONE DAY HE DECIDED HE WANTED TO FULFILL HIS DREAM. ALL IN ONE DAY. WITH EBAY. (OK, MAYBE IT TOOK A COUPLE OF WEEKS)... THIS IS A STORY OF A BOY WHO MAKES HIS DREAMS COME TRUE, EVEN IF OTHERS MAY MOCK HIM, OR YELL AT HIM, OR MAKE HIM SLEEP IN THE DOG HOUSE... "YOU JUST WAIT, ONE DAY MY GRAND KIDS WILL LOVE TO COME OVER TO PLAY WITH MY DOLLS. THESE ARE GOING TO BE WORTH A TON." WHEN I FIRST MET GREG IN HIGH SCHOOL, I WENT DOWN IN TO HIS ROOM AND SAW;..... POSTERS OF HOT GIRLS ON HIS WALL? NO..., PICTURES OF HIS FAVORITE BAND OR SPORTS TEAM? NO...., ACTUALLY HE HAD A MASSIVE COLLECTION OF UNOPENED, UNTOUCHED, MINI-BOTTLES SOME FULL SIZE, OF LIQUOR- LINING HIS BED, WALLS, AND DESK. WHEN HE GOT HOME FROM HIS MISSION, HE FINALLY LET WHAT WAS LEFT OF THEM -(THE COLLECTION HAD DWINDLED SOME WHILE HE WAS GONE-DRIFTING FRIENDS OF FRIENDS GOT WORD OF SUCH A COLLECTION) WHERE THIS IS NOW, I HAVE NO IDEA. JEN, JUSTIN, DO YOU KNOW? HA HA . MY LITTLE COLLECTOR. SEEMS HISTORY IS REPEATING ITSELF. OR, (MAYBE THIS IS HIS WAY OF KEEPING ME OUT OF HIS PERSONAL SPACE....HMMMMM) EITHER WAY, HE IS DONE COLLECTING THEM. I THINK HE SAW HOW MUCH IT STARTED TO BOTHER ME. SO HE ORDERED TWICE AS MUCH. ONE, TWO, THREE, ONCE IN A WHILE. COOL. THIS? OVERWHELMING. ISN'T LIFE OVERWHELMING ENOUGH? AM I OUT OF LINE? MAYBE I SHOULD ENCOURAGE HIM TO CONTINUE. HAVE HIS FUN. MAYBE I JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO HAVE FUN, AND NEED TO LIGHTEN UP. BELIEVE ME, I'M TRYING.


THIS IS THE FIRST CHAPTER TELLING THE STORY OF A COMPLICATED, ENTERTAINING, BEAUTIFUL BOY. ONE THAT I DO LOVE! (HE'S NOT EXACTLY MARRIED TO THE MOST SIMPLE GIRL. I DON'T THINK I'M ONE HE'LL EVER FIGURE OUT! BUT, THAT'S ANOTHER STORY.)
PART1(MY VOICE IS SO STINKIN' ANNOYING)
PART2
HE'S CUTE, AND I ACT ANNOYED, BUT I ACTUALLY KINDA LIKE MOST OF THEM. (SOME CROSS THE LINE).

to be continued...

8 comments:

The Ludwig Family said...

I admit, some of those dolls have their appeal. Aaron used to collect hot wheels. He has around 500 that are unopened. That's right. We can't even play with them. He might put them up in a boys room someday, still unopened. That's if we ever get a boy.

Lisa Campbell said...

Wow. I've never seen this side of Greg before. I'm just glad he has something to be passionate about. Seriously though, I wonder how much he's spent on all those dolls.

Jared Campbell said...

Greg, you don't need to be ashamed. Other men collect dolls...like my grandpa Chesley for example.

jen said...

I'm scared! I'm truly afraid. I think I might have nightmares about being attacked by weird talking miniature dolls. Heather I think Greg is keeping something from you. I'll have to let you in on a little secret. I can't deny that my friends and I opened those mini bottles to see what they tasted like, and oddly enough they tasted like water! Greg had already gotten to them. Mr. Innocent/ weird doll collector Greg is not so innocent.

Heather said...

Thank you Jen. Jared, it's funny 'cause I was thinking the exact same thing. Grandpa Chesley.

Erin said...

I like the Clinton doll,.....too funny...that's got to be worth something! Seriously though, some of those dolls are creepy. Did I see Hanibal Lector?? I'd hate all those dolls staring at me!

Grandma Campbell said...

That is truly an amazing collection Greg! I will have to look in your office next time we come.
I hope you got a special doll for your birthday!
Can't wait to see you.

Donna said...

A little freaky....Hmm. Don't know what else to say.