THE GREG & HEATHER HUNT FAMILY


"EACH DAY COMES ONLY ONCE IN A LIFETIME"


5/08/2009

MOTHERS DAY 2009

A TRIBUTE TO MOTHERS...












(I think we all need to change this way of thinking)


My mom, Vie Maurine Chesley Campbell, the greatest mom in the whole world. I could seriously write a book about her. She is such a wonderful example to me. She has taught me what a
mother, sister, daughter, wife, grandmother, and friend should be. She is truly the most selfless woman I know. I could make a list of a hundred selfless acts; of DIFFICULT acts of service she has done for others just in the past year, simply because she loves them. I am crying tears while I type this because it's soooo true. Why is it so hard for me to be like her?? Mom, I love you, and hope you know that all you do is appreciated.
Love,
Heather














































"God made Moms because there wasn't enough of Him to go around." I also happen to know that He likes my Mom a little better than most because she is so angelic and perfect. I have a Mom that spent her entire life in complete selfless service to her children and others. I would challenge you ask anybody who has ever met or knows my mother if she's not one of the sweetest people they've ever met. I love you Mom! A rotten kid like me couldn't ask for a better mother. Only you could have put up with me. You are the best!!!! Love, Greg

I also want to pay tribute to my heroic Mother in Law. She is truly special. Love ya' Vie.

Rosalie, I couldn't ask for a more amazing mother in law than you. I feel like I have double of the best moms in my life. You are such a sweet and wonderful woman. You have raised a son that really knows how to treat a girl. (most of the time). Thank you for all you have done and continue to do. I love you!


Moms who adopt
..
For all of you who know my dear friend, Tiffani Swensen, her 8 month battle for custody of her baby girl Sadie, who she has been a mother to since the very day she was born came to an end. She and Clark courageously fought for her and now hope, as the wonderful parents they are, the wonderful MOTHER she is, that Sadie is in the best place she could be in for the long run custody outcome. How empty, and saddened they are. They have another son who they adopted, Samual, and also Tiani who is their natural child. How blessed, and how lovely she is, as a woman and a mother.

Young moms..
And then there are the mother-to be's. Lisa, my sister-in-law is a few days over due today! Jared is going to be a 1st time dad. I am so excited for them both. The have such an adventure ahead of them.



Older moms...
My grandma Chesley, mother of 7 children of which 2 have passed away, is still holding strong at eighty something. She has a ridiculous amount of grand children, as well as great grand children, and great great grand children. She taught all of her grandchildren piano lessons, which I never appreciated until later. I wish I would have capitalized on them more, knowing she was taking time out of her busy schedule for me. I love you, grandma! You are beautiful



.












(Grandma Chesley as a younger woman)



Grandma Rula Turner, Greg's grandma, was such a wonderful woman, and inspiration. A mother of 5 girls, I have always admired her strength. She has been an example of service and true beauty. Greg always looked forward to her weekly letters while on his mission. He could always count on her. I will always remember her with such love and fond memories. She exemplified motherhood.


Grandma Flora Campbell, Mother of 5, and who knows how many grand and great grand children was a true example. She served many selfless callings, and spent her life in service of her children and her husband. As a child I remember the funnest sleepovers, and the best cereal and ice cream cones. Her sheet always smelled of downy. She is in a rest home, and her sight is gone now, but her life has been one of amazing courage and unselfishness.I wish I had a youthful picture of her. She was beautiful. Funny, 'cause my grandpa was small and she was tall. He wanted big boys. I'm glad it didn't bother her.



Greg's great grandma, Laura Hunt, who recently died at 100 years old was a truly amazing mother and grandmother,great grandmother,sister, woman, ect. I knew her for her amazing talents with her hands. She could do needle work and quilting like no other. She left behind some beautiful pieces that we will treasure. I am so thankful that my children had the opportunity to meet her.

Richards (Greg's Dad) mom, and Laura's daughter, grandma Peterson, I salute. I can't imagine trying to raise Richard and his brother as kids! jk. not. She has had a hard life, though. She has suffered the death of her husband, and a stroke. She continues to tick and has many talents and quite a legacy. We love her.

8 comments:

Heather said...

-ITS MADS,- WHAT A WONDERFUL POST!HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! I LOVE YOU SO SO MUCH.-YOUR THE BEST.NO OTHER MOTHER IS BETTER THAN YOU!

jen said...

sweet comment from maddi! she is precious! i love your post and it had me in tears. you are like your mom (you must give yourself more credit). i hope greg treated you right on mother's day! you are awesome. why wasn't i on your tribute;)?

Grandma Campbell said...

What a beautiful tribute to ALL of the mothers in your life! I love YOU so much and I am very proud of you. Of course you are like me...you top me in many ways..like your incredible talent as a blogger! You do make your blog so enjoyable and interesting, that is a talent.
You are a wonderful mother to our beautiful grandchildren. That means a lot, belief me!
Can't wait to go to the American Idol concert with you.
Hugs, Mom

Grammy Ludwig said...

you are a sweetheart. i know what a wonderful mom you have because i was blessed to get one of the daughters that she raised so well. kristin is amazing just like her mom,,,, and just like you and mindy. i love your mom too and she is the sweetest ever...

Lisa Campbell said...

Thanks for thinking of me, Heather. I'm now a week overdue, but I know she'll come soon! I'm so sorry to hear that Tiffani's custody battle didn't work out in their favor. I really hope everything will be okay for them. You're a wonderful mother too, Heather!

Lorrelle said...

Awwwww Heather....you are such a wonderful Mommy yourself! You did such a beautiful job on this and touched many hearts, even those not related to you...just know your loved and your friends think your a wonderful mommy too!

Anonymous said...

Nice tribute to the Moms in your life. Thanks.

Erin said...

Love the tribute to all the Mom's in your life! It definitely rubbed off on you, since you're an AMAZING Mother yourself. We are so hard on our selves sometimes...