THE GREG & HEATHER HUNT FAMILY


"EACH DAY COMES ONLY ONCE IN A LIFETIME"


5/30/2009

SCOUT CAMP

Greg has always been one to fulfill his callings. Even though scout camp is pretty much the last place he wants to be right now, he's there, for nearly a week. The great thing is that he is able to bring Austin with him this year! I think they're going to have an awesome time having some good father-son time. (Since they didn't go to fathers and sons). Greg is an awesome dad, and Austin is growing up! He was excited to go with his dad. I hope they are having fun.
hey guys, this is Austin and i just got home from scout camp. My mom is making me write what i remember from it.I'm lucky my dad came!
*made an awesome 2 room tent for me and 2 other friends
*loaded up all the stuff into the tent, and talked with my friend
Jackson.
*had some really good food at the cafeteria,drinks,fried chicken ,toast,
bread sticks, all that stuff.
*went to bed in my tent with my friend
Jackson and another kid named Michael who is like 14 and we got a pretty big kick out of him, this is what he said.
Jackson:"do you know Tessa Gardner, in your grade"?(Tessa is Jackson's sister)
Michael:"yeah,i hate her! she keeps on touching my butt".
Jackson:"dude, Tessa is my sister and would not do that"...
me:almost pukes because it's so funny
Michael:"oh...ugh...ugh there is another kid named Tessa Gardner...there are 2 Tessa's!"
Jackson:"uh hu, sure Michael."

*swam into a freezing cold pool and had to do like 5 laps...which took my like 3 tries.
*me, my dad, and some friends started to carve wood and we made a bunch of cool stuff.
*then that night when we were back inside the tent, i asked
Michael a question.
me:"do you know who gorge
Paul Dane is Michael"?(i have no idea who gorge Paul Dane even is.)
Michael:"i know him, he comes to my cousins house all of the time and fights with him a lot.
me and
Jackson:laughing so hard we could not breathe.did i mention i made the name gorge Paul Dane??
*that morning i woke up to my dad hitting on our tent telling us that we had to get up to do the polar bear.(it was like 5:00 in the morning so we were not to exited to go and jump into a pool that we thought would be freezing and have to swim a lap. but actually it was not that bad, our scout master just made it sound really bad.
*went to our daily merit badge classes, swimming,
environmental science,rowing, and wilderness survival.(in my opinion swimming was the worst and wilderness survival was the best because i suck at swimming laps.)
*me and my friends played pranks on
each others tents
*for my wilderness survival merit badge, i slept out in the woods with the other scouts in my troop which was really fun but also cold. we talked and joked so it
wasn't that bad.
*i went to the camp fire with my dad,and performed a skit with my troop which got everyone laughing.
*i went to hear a scary story about this
Indian dude which i liked a lot ...but i dozed off in the middle of it because i was so freakin' cold outside.
*did the polar bear again...this time for 3 days straight.(i
finally get to sleep in until 6:00 in the morning!!)
*swamped a canoe at rowing class, and right when i got used to the lake water, we had to get out.
*on the second to last day of camp, i finished all of my merit badge classes and passed every one! Now i have 5 merit badges, first aid, swimming,
environmental science,rowing, and wilderness survival!
*on the last day of camp, i played football for a little bit, which i suck at and hate but my friends wanted me to do it so i did, and i got bruised and cut my knee open.
*then on the car ride back, i almost puked so we went to the gas station for a bathroom break and then when we got back into the car. i fell asleep for pretty much the rest of the car drive.
yeah....so
that's about all i can remember from scout camp. oh yeah there was also a trading post there that a got a slushy and a cool spider knife from. That's about it=].


3 comments:

jen said...

That's a way good picture of Greg. Is he feeling o.k? Did he get over his constipation?;). Just getting him back for all that he put me through when I was little!!! I can't deny that he is a great dad! I realized it when I heard about him hiding in the minivan and crying like a baby at Austin's baseball game. Tender.

Lorrelle said...

Greg is a great leader...Sammy loves him! He was so bummbed about missing it! He has his play offs for baseball all this week along with swim team. The girls and I are up in Utah...so Jims on deck. Tell Greg thanks for all of his hard work...I know Sam loves him to death!

Heather said...

Wow Aus, I am so proud of everything you accomplished there. Thanks for writing it down for me. -I love you so much!!!