THE GREG & HEATHER HUNT FAMILY


"EACH DAY COMES ONLY ONCE IN A LIFETIME"


6/04/2009

EBAY LOVES GREG PART 2 (THE BIKE)

THE SAGA CONTINUES....

This dreamy boy (refer to part 1) always had a vision of himself owning a Harley Davidson. If you haven't heard our Harley story yet, here is a brief rundown. I finally broke down and told him "Go ahead. Just drive on Sunday afternoons only, and I get a Vespa". Am I a brat? He got me the Vespa. Cute, cute. On the way to get the Harley, we got into an accident. Some kid pulled out right in front of us, and we t-boned him going 50 mph. Ty was 6 weeks old. I wasn't wearing a seat belt. We both went to the er fortunate to be fine. (Airbags are awesome!) This was a sign from above that a Harley was not in the cards. The fun was gone, the desire was gone. We moved on. He drove the Vespa more than me. Oh how vulnerable we are when others can just choose to pull out in our path, no matter how careful we are.



Well, 3 1/2 years later, the Harley itch re-emerges. He finds his Harley on EBay. It's a 1997 with 11 miles. "It's just going to sit in my office among my dolls for me to look at." Is it still in his office? Try the garage. It's got 700 miles already, and he's part of a nationwide motorcycle gang 'The Temple Riders'. Huh. We even went on a date with me driving the Vespa and him on the Harley. It was fun, but, I won't be driving among traffic very often. TOO VULNERABLE! Maybe when I don't have 4 kids waiting for me at home. Think Greg's itch has now been scratched? Na. He has it, wants to sell it, and get a different one. Oh, just be happy with this one! It's awesome, right? Kind of how he used to really want me until a better girl comes along? More itch's to come.

to be continued......

3 comments:

jen said...

I'm totally against the bike. I must admit that being part of a temple gang sounds pretty awesome though! Happy birthday to Greg in 25 minutes!

Erin said...

I would have loved, loved, LOVED to see the two of you riding side by side....you on the Vespa and he on the Harley! Too funny. And Heather, Greg would be crazy to trade you in, and I'm sure he knows that!

Donna said...

Okay, now I get the comment on my blog. :) Wow, a Harley. I think owning one is most guys dream. Don't tell Mike he got one! Was it all the teasing from the Vespa that drove him to buy one?? I thought he looked kinda cute on the Vespa.