THE GREG & HEATHER HUNT FAMILY


"EACH DAY COMES ONLY ONCE IN A LIFETIME"


4/30/2009

THE GUM STORE


Austin and Maddi have been making a few extra bucks by selling gum. They sell it on the bus, at recess, and after school. There's Tic Tac's and breath drops too! I guess now a couple of kids have caught on and given them some competition. Recently, an announcement was made, that whoever was selling gum in school better stop, or they'll be suspended. Oops. They still sell it. (Just not during school, before and after.) I hope I'm not teaching them the dealing of illegal substances.

It's just a fun little entrepreneurial business. (My idea, not Greg's for those of you that thought he was the only business savvy person in the family.) For some reason we have been calling the "Gum Store". I think tomorrow we'll send some suckers and airheads too. We need to bump up sales.




(notice Ty's weasly face)

9 comments:

Hotzebra said...

I bet half that money is from my girls!! haha! They come home almost every day with a new pack of gum!!

The Ludwig Family said...

Man they are rich!! I remember someone in school selling homemade suckers at recess. They were such a hit!!

Melody said...

I guess MY kids are some of the competition! hahahaha that's so funny. Jaidyn is loving the extra bucks she makes everyday. Jaidyn told me there's a boy on the bus that sells gum, now I know who. He's probably the one that told Jaidyn to stop selling her stuff 'cause he started it. LOL.

jen said...

We are totally copying your idea. We've only sold lemonade and otter pops to adults. They didn't make much. The kids are where the money is at. Genius. I wonder if the older kids would try to take advantage of my kids. I'm still going to give it a try. I've been needing some new jewelry and I'm thinking this is a great way for ME to earn some extra cash. sweet!

Kelly said...

I could have told you that you are the one with street smarts. Let the kids know I am running low. Could use a pack or two.

Grandma Campbell said...

Yeah! I am soooo proud of your ingenuity!
I think it is a great idea....although we don't want them in trouble.
Maybe Mary Kay next, huh Austin?
Remember it is just as honorable to sell as it is to buy!
Love, Grandma

Grammy Ludwig said...

MY MOM GOT A CALL AND MY BROTHER WAS DOING THE OPPOSITE. HE WAS STEALING MONEY FROM MY MOM AND GIVING IT AWAY IN KINDERGARTEN. SHE GOT A CALL TOO......
LOVE YOU TONS HONEY

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Your kids have grown a lot this year! When do you guys arrive in PC? I look forward to seeing you again.

Erin said...

Oh too funny........Matthew is always wanting to set up a lemonade stand (he's done it a few times)....too much work for me though! Good call on the Gum!