THE GREG & HEATHER HUNT FAMILY


"EACH DAY COMES ONLY ONCE IN A LIFETIME"


9/10/2009

CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE SSSLITHERY KIND

FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T HEARD YET, TY CAME FACE TO FACE WITH A 3 1/2 FOOT RATTLE SNAKE. I LOOKED UP PICTURES OF RATTLE SNAKE BITES, AND THE ONE I POSTED WAS A TAME PICTURE COMPARED TO THE GRUESOME ONES THAT I FOUND. IT TRULY MADE ME SICK! I AM SO GRATEFUL THAT TY IS O.K. IT COULD HAVE BEEN HIS FACE! IT COULD HAVE BEEN HIS LIFE!
To see a video of Ty giving a detailed account of his experience, click HERE.
(pause the playlist)














This is Ty holding the rattle.




Thanks Randy, Chandler, and Sydney for helping! Sydney helped save Ty, and Randy and Chandler took care of the snake.

6 comments:

jen said...

sheesh! That video of Ty is so cute. He has the cutest little voice. We are so glad the rattle snake didn't get him!

Melody said...

That's exactly how the snake in our backyard looked like. So scary!

Kristen Taylor said...

Yikes!! That is so scary. I would have been totally freaked out!!

Donna said...

HOLY CRAP!! I saw the picture of the kids leg and my heart dropped..I thought it was TY. YOU freaked the crap out of me!! Phew. Glad to hear no one got hurt! DANG things. I hate them!!!! Nice pic of the shovel squishing the snake with the tongue out. AHHHH!!!

Erin said...

Holy Crap!! Soo glad to hear that Ty is O.K!! I think someone was looking out for him for sure!

Marci said...

OH MY GOSH! That is so dang scary! But we all loved hearing the story straight from Ty. He is a lucky boy for sure! Soooooo scary.